Our Ambassadors are groups of people that give their time, energy and support to help us in our work to bring equality to transgender veterans. They are an essential part of our work in raising awareness.
Being an Ambassador is more than volunteering your time.
- Individuals who want to support our work and are dedicated to insuring transgender veterans are treated as equals.
- People who already embrace patriotic Americans who served their country honorably.
- Transgender veterans and others who know first hand what discrimination and bigotry look like and want to help change policy, as well as hearts and minds.
You will become a valuable part of the TAVA team joining us in:
- Recruiting more transgender veteran sponsors via friends, colleagues and family.
- Organize local fundraising events.
- Solicit major gifts; assist with special events, donor recognition, thank you notes, etc.
- Be a positive spokesperson for TAVA, learn key messages and elevator speech
- Join us at seminars and exhibitions spreading the news of our work.
- Give presentations in their communities with the aim of:
- Raising the profile of TAVA
- Recruiting more fundraisers for TAVA.
- Encouraging donations for TAVA projects.
- Recruiting people to join our fight for equal rights.
As an Ambassador Volunteer, you will agree to do the following:
- Lend Name. Ambassadors will agree to allow the organization to use their name in public relations materials and in solicitation of key prospects throughout the area.
- Spokesperson. Speak positively about the organization and the campaign, and be prepared to answer basic questions. Rely on the board of directors for detailed information.
- Open Doors. Review the prospect list and indicate those with whom they can arrange a meeting. Also suggest new prospects to add to our list.
- Gift. Make a gift up to your financial ability. We seek 100% participation by Ambassadors.
- Confidentiality. Maintain confidentiality at all times as donor/prospect information is shared with committee members.
All ambassadors will be given full training and the necessary resource to support our work to bring equality to transgender veterans.
Become an outreach champion for TAVA today! If you are interested in becoming a TAVA Ambassador, please fill out our application on the tab to the left.